Thursday, March 15, 2012

WET HOT AMERICAN WINTER


In five days it will be Spring (but it may as well be Summer) and I will have to accept that the Winter I’ve been longing for all Winter...will not be coming.

Atlanta temperatures from December 21 to present






The beauty of being cold is matched by the beauty of staying warm:

Snuggling
Hot Toddy or Irish Coffee
Fires
Soups
Boots, Jackets, Mittens, Scarves
...Creating Friction...




Many of you are pleased with the effects of global warming (shhh, don't talk about global warming) and that’s okay. Perhaps I am just dismayed because I bought a new wardrobe to house my favorite wardrobe i.e. sweaters, jackets, and hoodies.




Wardrobe

Not Narnia 


But in light of the imminent forecast I must grieve and move on. That is the only way. 


I wrote a series of Haikus for you Winter. I hope you know you are missed and will be thought of all year. 

Me, looking pensive, and wearing a hoodie






BELIEVE IT OR NOT
IT’S COLD WHEN YOU ARE NOT HERE
YOUR ABSENCE CHILLS ME
LONGING FOR THE COLD
SO I CAN FEEL WHAT IS NUMB
TAKE OFF YOUR LONG JOHNS
I WANT TO BE IN  
REFRIGERATOR HEAVEN
FUCK FUCKING SUMMER
The last Haiku was inspired by The Freeze. 














Happy early Summer to all. P.S. I can be kind of a bitch when I get hot. 




2 comments:

  1. Your haikus are great.
    I'm like totes L-O-L-ing.
    Five more syllables.

    ReplyDelete